Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mark Surgery Update

Hi....this is Scott writing for Mark.

It was a long day for Mark yesterday. He was in surgery for 18 hours, but I did get updates as each stage of the surgery progressed. The cancer removal went well, but he did, as expected, have a total glossectomy, and the neck and lymph node parts went well, too. They were able to keep the voice box, which was a big thing, too!

I was able to see him about an hour after the surgery was over. They told me he wouldn't be conscious, but he was, actually. I don't know how aware he was, but I took the opportunity to tell him how much love I felt for him all day long, both mine, and everyone else's who waited the hours to get updates from me.....and how how proud and amazed I am to have someone so extraordinary in my life.

Please keep Mark in your most positive thoughts as he begins a very long, new, and difficult journey.

But rest assured he won't be doing it alone :)

Scott


1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott! Thanks for the update and thank you for there for Mark!

    ReplyDelete