Saturday, August 15, 2015

A Small Crossroads Meets A Big Truck

Left over from any decision is the road you didn't take, one that if left open, will eventually goad one to try it. 

I have been thinking of how I write PCB in the form of a series of essays published at whatever time I find convenient or when I'm so inspired. A blog can also be more like a report, daily, near daily, recitation of events. More how and why, less rhetoric, and that's attractive to me. In no way am I an expert in the economics of healthcare, the progression of cancer, what to expect if you're dying. I know nothing further than how to tell people to square themselves with the truth and to not vary that alignment. 

Getting the truth proves too often to be a difficult affair. Truth is often relative, or maybe it always is so. I cling to the idea of a few eternal truths because they anchor me, and right now I need that firm manacle at the ankle to keep me tied to Earth.  And, no, I don't mean eternal as in organized religion, I mean eternal as in a "that's life"' Sid Ceasarish manner. I do still have a healthy sense of humor. 

All of that to say that I think I will experiment by combining both methods into how I make this blog for awhile. It comes at an interesting moment. I'm emerging from an illness that I honestly thought would kill me and I wasn't upset about that; there's a new growing lump under my right arm, and it hurts like hell; my nephew's daughter is just starting college, notable in my family because so few do this; I'm starting to sense a change in how I perceive, process, deal with, the world around me; you interest me more than I interest me; and, I struggle to be the best person I can be under these circumstances and I don't know if I'm doing that well.

So I'll still write the essay that makes it seem as if I know something, but I intend to start posting more of the "the day went this way" too.  Filler material for a world that loves the ellipsis more I do.

You can tell me if the experiment works, but give it a couple of weeks. Then we can see if it's rational or interesting to know what goes into making PCB survive, daily, something not so low as a street brawl, but not nearly elegant as a duel with pistols deliberately askew.  No, this is just the grim sort of thing you might see on Black Friday between two idiots who both realize their dignity is no longer worth the amount they thought it would bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment