Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fancy New Things

Yes, I find myself wanting fancy new things. I've been thinking of buying a television for my bedroom, although Charles thinks I'm an intolerant viewer because I hated the first episode of "sense8" on Netflix. Sorry, my dear, it sucked an hour of life out of me. Never again. Anyway, a television and a Roku stick might set me right up.

I like my IPad but I'm really interested in the Surface line from Microsoft. One problem is that typical MS greed. Office isn't a permanent feature (one free year then you get to subscribe), and every peripheral--many of which are important to maximum use and enjoyment-is way overpriced. Any opinions or stories to share about this tablet/desktop?  Drop them here!

I need a new mattress but what kind? Not to be morbid but do I need to buy a mattress with a 50 year guarantee?  A 1500$ foam monstrosity? Do I buy for now, hoping I'll be around in a few years to replace it--a "good enough" cheaper solution. Personally, I'm leaning toward the good enough cheaper solution, if for no other reason than to reinforce my nascent live for now approach to life.

Charles started me down the path of desiring a recliner, an alternative place to nap or watch television in my bedroom. The problem is that 95% of the recliners made in the world are puffy messes that look like they should be owned by child molesters, and the ones that aren't are expensive. I also want one that has a heating module for those snowy days when I can't get warm. Or those summer days when air conditioning is about to kill me. Then I ask myself, what the hell? Why is this even in your thought process? I worry that I'm turning into my father who had an ugly puffy recliner with heat and massage. The massage unit sucked, but the heat was nice enough that it almost made me forget that my parents had no taste in furniture.

Many people do not make decisions, they ask for a sign as to what they should do. As if God would drop everything to create a comprehensible signal to the path of decisive righteousness. I look for signs, but I look to my own behavior to find them. Lately I see that I want to be here, want to live, want to enjoy. And I still want junk, so I may have cancer, but I'm still an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment