Sunday, August 16, 2015

Blogging Sunday: what's next

good question, right? Anyone would like to know that, allowing for either embracing or quickly dodging the future as predicted by present trajectory. In the present, I'm doing better. Aside from pain issues, I'm stronger, walking more, doing small things, trying to lighten charles' load. I'm thinking more clearly about the future.

Today the dog is a love sponge and a lick machine. This is nice, except that Rally being a poodle/schnauzer cross got the wonderfully clever poodle brain, but also the snaky poodle tongue. For whatever reason, it grosses me out. I used to live for the moments when Hector, my chow chow, would deign to run his purple tongue across my hand. Hector's love was real, but never overt. Rally's is real and cannot abide hiding.

I'm trying to see the future in a like manner to how Rally sees love--blatant, open, and in my own twist, even changeable. Of course I don't believe we're blasting through life on predestination' rocket ship, but I know well there are inescapable moments--death, taxes, hospitalizations, being invited to a wedding.

Today starts overcast in Bloomington and I think our recent humidity argues for this being a rainy Sunday, maybe by afternoon. If it is, my future includes an episode of Poldark, some of C.A. Bayly's "The Birth of the Modern World", a crusade to clear the table of mail and medicine, a nap, some time in my rocker on the covered back deck.

If that sounds unambitious, remember that just a few weeks ago I didn't have the energy to sit up in bed! Compared to that, I have outlined an agenda...happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment